Custom YAMAHA XJR 1200 from 1995
The XJR 1200 Storry
The first ideas were to create a powerful bike with 750 – 1300 ccm or a Japanese model with 4 cylinders. A few Café Racer Design influences can be noticed but the optical impression is unique.
The rear part of the bike was changed completely. It has a more flat and slimmer design. The original air-filter covers do not look nice and will be replaced by custom number-plates.
The number-plates and the rear part were custom made from GFK and the mini LED back-light was directly integrated.
The rear, including the seat, is locked in place by the seat-lock and can easily be disassembled for maintenance purposes. To keep the balance point of the bike as low as possible, the battery remained in place and was only raised by 1 cm. What makes for a better dynamic is that the bike is 20 kg lighter in weight. The seat is 3 cm lower compared to the other bikes of the product line. That makes for the impression to sit “in the bike” instead of “on the bike”. Combined with a Renthal MX handle bar, a more casual stance on the bike is possible.
What we have done
- Donor Bike: YAMAHA XJR 1200
- Frame Modifications: cleaned and reduced rear frame
- Bodywork: lightweight fiber tail / seat, fiber numberplates, front mask
- Motor: oil filters, adjust valves / adjusted and cleaned carburetors
- Elektronic: minimal wiring / LED indicators & LED backlight
- Weitere Änderungen: racing footpegs, 28mm Renthal MX handlebar, 28mm riser, bespoke front fender, custom license plate holder, short mufflers