BMW R80 Cafe Racer Brat
The rear-frame had to be shortened by 20 cm and had to be 2 cm slimmer in order to achieve a more homogenous shape. The sub-construction of the seat was made of light fibre. The front and the rear fenders for the R 80 were also made of extremely light-weight Fibre. The tank was raised by a few millimetres towards the seat in order „to adapt the line“. For the colour we chose red with a metallic finish. Rims and various smaller parts were powder-coated in black. The cockpit was reduced in size and was equipped with an old-school analogue speedometer and a carbon mounting plate. The original mufflers were replaced by lighter and shorter models.
The seat was covered with elegant suede and framed with a red quilting seam. Altogether we created a rough fun-bike. The handling should be a lot more convenient due to the reduced weight, the adjusted seat position and the larger handle-bar.
What we have done
- Donor Bike: BMW R80 RT 1984
- Frame Modifications: cleaned and reduced rear frame
- Bodywork: lightweight fiber fenders / lightweight fiber seat plate
- Motor: oil filters, adjust valves / adjusted and cleaned carburetors
- Elektronic: minimal wiring / LED indicators & LED backlight
- Tires: Metzeler Lasertech
- Other modifications: modifizierte Fußrastenanlage, Wide Bar Lenker, Custom Front- und Heckfender, Custom Kennzeichenhalter, Shorty Muffler Auspuff, Carbon Instrumentenhalter, analoges Oldschool-Tacho